Terms of Sale
- Lots are sold on a first come, first served basis.
- Most lots are photographed in this private treaty list.
- All lots guaranteed genuine in every respect.
- Should any lot under 10 stamps prove unsatisfactory in any way, it may be returned for a full refund, provided return is made within five days of receipt and that the lot is in the same condition as sold.
- All prices are in Canadian dollars. U. S. funds will be accepted at the prevailing rate of exchange.
- Telephone bids are accepted but must be confirmed in writing within three days.
- The actual cost of postage and insurance will be added to your invoice, however no charge is made for handling orders.
- Successful buyers will receive an invoice for the lots they have purchased. Payment is due on receipt of the invoice and the lots will be forwarded as soon as payment is received. We may, in the case of known customers, and in our discretion, forward lots with the original invoice, but are not bound to do so.
- All sales are final and binding. We reserve the right, in the event of non-payment, to re-sell the lot and apply the proceeds to the indebtedness of the purchaser.
- We exercise all reasonable care in the description of lots. We warrant the description and genuineness of all lots on the following terms and conditions.
- A purchaser may only reject a lot if he establishes that it is not genuine or that it is wrongfully described, and if he complies with the following conditions.
- A purchaser who feels a lot is incorrectly described or not genuine must advise the Company in writing of his intention to question the matter within 5 days of receipt of the lot.
- Upon receipt of a notice proposing to reject a lot, the Company will, at its option, either authorize the lots return and refund the purchase price or will designate arecognized expertization committee to whom the contested lot is to be forwarded immediately for expertization at the purchaser’s expense.
- In the event that the Company designates a recognized expertization committee the decision of that committee as to the genuineness or description of the lot in question shall be final and binding, and if they should uphold the complaint a full refund will be provided upon return of the lot in its original condition.
- In the event the Company elects to authorize a lots return without expertization, a full refund will be provided upon receipt of the lot in its original condition.
- The Company waives all other warranties and will decline to accept returns in any circumstances but those referred to above.
- We have decided to implement a new payment plan for our Private Treaty sales. We have been using a 30-60-90 day payment plan in our retail sales for several years with great success and support from collectors. Henceforth, we will accept payment by post-dated cheques or charge cards with a 25% deposit and the balance payable over 90 days.
In the event of a postal strike, the Private Treaty Sale will be extended three weeks after the conclusion of the strike.
Orders may be placed by calling collect at (780) 424-2520 or using our toll free number 1-800-563-2520.
Payment may be made by VISA or MASTERCARD.